Italian’s love long leisurely alfresco lunches, shared with family, friends and a glass of wine or two.
At Italy in Broke you’ll enjoy lunch Italian style with a great variety of foods & experiences.
Whispering Brook will have Gourmet Pizza’s prepared by Chef Andy from The Cellar Restaurant for $15
- Buffalo mozzarella, tomato and basil
- Mushroom, tallegio and truffle
- Kipfler potato, prosciutto, feta and rocket
- Pumpkin, roast tomato and chilli yoghurt
or for those that prefer Pasta $15
- Pork and chilli meatballs, linguini and parmesan
- Linguini, pangrattato and basil.
Finish with Italian espresso mousse or plunger coffee & espresso.
Catherine Vale will start with an Italian Breakfast Roll with pancetta, egg & Italian Relish ($6.50), lunch options include Chicken Parmigiana Roll, Italian Sausage Rolls – all under $10.
Stomp Wines Picnic Lunch options
- Picnic platters (serve 2) – $25 – cold meats, italian smoked sausage, local cheeses, olives, salad, crusty bread and crackers
- Gelato desserts (individual) – $6 – your choice of passionfruit, lemon or crunchy nougat and chocolate gelato coated in chocolate and flaked roasted almonds
- Cheese plates – (serves 2) – $12, serves 6 – $20 – cheese, olives, chilli jam, muscateles and crackers
In true Tuscan style Krinklewood Biodynamic Vineyard, along with Chef Sebastian Mancia, will fire up the wood fired oven & serve
- Classic Margherita, Tuscan Salami, Gourmet Vegetarian, Garlic Prawn & Mexicana Pizzas for $10-$15 each
- Organic coffee
On Sunday they’ll also have Authentic Italian gelato.
Pickled & Pitted festive lunch will include the Inaugural Porchetta Carving, Riverflats hot roasted olives, wood fired pizzas, organic cheeses & Italian desserts.
Pasqual & Wanda of Somerville Wines are cooking up their famous Italian family recipes to include Nduja & BBQ Sausage Panini with homemade Italian desserts & espresso to finish
Margan offer something more formal with an Italian inspired lunch in their restaurant; for alfresco dining their courtyard will offer Panini, house made Itaian cakes, espresso & artisanal cheeeses.
If meats are your thing Italian Butcher Ray will have his outdoor kitchen in full swing at Broke’s Promise with Italian meatballs and sausages. For those who can’t go past Tira Mi Su you’ll find one here to complete your day.
Nightingale is offering weekend long feasting with a regional breakfast plate from 8.30am; for lunch there’s an Italian BBQ plate or settle in under the verandah for the afternoon & enjoy a three course regional menu. Dinner sees a tour of Italy, without leaving Broke, with three courses from three regions.
So who doesn’t love an Italian lunch?